How do I retrieve/reset my email password in my Client Area?
If you have forgotten your email password, you cannot retrieve it as all passwords are encrypted once entered into the system for security purposes. You will need to reset it in your South O' Client Area The following steps will guide you through this simple process.
- Log in to your Client Area
- In the yellow Your Active Products/Services box in the center of the page, click on the Name of the subscription that you want to cancel (ie. Wordpress Startup, not your domain name)
- Click the Mail icon in the Quick Shortcuts box
- In the new Plesk window, click Mail in the left menu
- Click on the email address you need to edit
- Change the password
- Click OK button
NOTE: Remember if you are resetting your password because you are trying to login to WebMail using Horde and you also have your email setup in a local email client (ie. MS Outlook, Outlook Express, Mac Mail, a mobile phone, etc.), you will also need to enter this new password in the account settings in those email clients as well. If you do not, you will get errors trying to send/receive your mail.
Was this answer helpful?